A whole-portfolio solution in a single strategy
The BenchmarkPlus strategy often forms the core of a client’s investment plan. In a single portfolio, BenchmarkPlus provides the following potential benefits:
- Participation in stock and bond market returns, calibrated to the client’s personal return objectives and risk tolerance.
- Active asset allocation.
- Multi-level risk management.
- Growth from equity capital appreciation.
- Inflation protection through stock market exposure.
- Ready liquidity – portfolios generally can be converted to cash within three business days.
- Current income from portfolio dividends and interest.
- Global diversification.
- Cost-effective and tax-efficient portfolio management.
Gould investment professionals work closely with clients to select the implementation that best reflects their return goals and risk tolerance.
BenchmarkPlus portfolios are constructed from a broad universe of 10-15 distinct asset classes, including US and international stocks and bonds, real estate, precious metals, and specific industrial sectors. Most asset classes are implemented using low-cost, tax-efficient index or index-like mutual funds, including exchange-traded funds (ETFs).
In addition, we have constructed proprietary stock market valuation measures that we monitor on an ongoing basis. From time to time, these measures may indicate a state of substantial over- or under-valuation, relative to historic norms. In such circumstances, we may adjust portfolio equity weightings accordingly.
Ready to Talk to Gould?
Experience the freedom of our independent financial advice. Get started today by contacting the Gould Asset Management Team.